We are a group of Anaesthetic and Intensive Care Medicine trainees from the West Midlands who champion trainee involvement in research and quality improvement.
We aim to support collaborative trainee-led research and quality improvement projects across the region.
We are members of the national umbrella organisation for anaesthetic trainee research groups, RAFT (Research and Audit Federation of Trainees), and support national collaborative projects.
Our development has been supported our surgical colleagues in the West Midlands Research Collaborative, with whom we have delivered our first cross-specialty project “The UK Perioperative Pain Study“.
We provide information, advice and mentoring to trainees with an interest in undertaking research, whether individually, regionally or nationally.
- To establish a regional network of anaesthetic trainees who conduct multi-centre research and audit with a high potential for making an impact.
- To allow trainees to continue their involvement in research and audit projects as they migrate around the deanery.
- To provide and encourage education in research methodology to improve the quality of trainee led research in anaesthesia and intensive care medicine.
- To attract national funding for research and audit work
- To promote the West Midlands as a region for high quality trainee led research
- To encourage and support presentation of research at a regional, national and international level.